Voting in the 2018 ASA Election is now completed.
The following members have been elected to three-year terms that shall last from July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2021.
- Scott Kurashige, University of Washington – Bothell
- Hokulani Aikau, University of Utah
- Soyica Colbert, Georgetown University
- Jigna Desai, University of Minnesota
- Kyla Wazana Tompkins, Pomona College
- Jennifer Doyle, University of California-Riverside
- Karen Inouye, Indiana University
The Council extends its appreciation to all those who agreed to run for office, congratulates the new leaders of the Association, and wishes them success in their undertakings over the next three years.
The Council also extends its gratitude to those who are completing their term of service. The councilors and nominating committee members whose terms expire on June 30, 2018 include:
- Sharon Holland, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Jodi Melamed, Marquette University
- Nadine Naber, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Steven Salaita, Independent Scholar
- Robert Warrior, immediate past President, University of Kansas
- Karen Leong, Arizona State University
- Ramón H. Rivera-Servera, Northwestern University
Community announcements and events are services that are offered by the ASA to support the organizing efforts of critical constituency groups. They do not reflect the decisions or actions of the association’s governance bodies, the National Council or Executive Committee. Questions should be directed to the committee, caucus, or chapter that has authored and posted this notice.