The history of resolutions within the American Studies Associaton have provided groundwork for the association’s operations, policies, initiatives, and partnerships.
Reflective of this, the ASA became a founding member of INMEX, a non-profit meeting planning organization that helps groups like the ASA hold their meetings and conferences at hotels and centers that treat their workers with dignity and respect. The active contribution of the ASA to the establishment of INMEX follows a long history of the association's attention to labor equity.
- ASA-UNITE HERE Joint Statement (2010)
- ASA Joins INMEX (2006)
- Policy on Union Preference for ASA Conventions (2004)
- Annual Meeting Site Selection (2002)
- Conflict of Interest Statement (2000)
- NAACP Economic Reciprocity Initiative (1998)